Staffing Supervisor - Full Time Westminster, California
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Staffing Supervisor under the direction of the Area Remote Centralized Staffing Manager, provides oversight of Staffing Coordinators who are responsible for coordination of staffing for facility nursing units in designated areas and contract labor management. Verifies and monitors license, certification and compliance and training of Internal Agency Staff and all supervivsed Staffing Coordinators. Serves as a liaison between the Remote/Centralized Staffing office, contract labor agencies, and hospital departments/leadership. Assists the nursing administration with reports, staffing variances, and scheduling. Actively participates in recruitment activities for Remote/Centralized Staffing Office and nursing staff for area served.
- Supervises staffing office, which includes oversight of scheduling and contract labor utilization, and directing staffing coordinators to meet facility needs.
- Scheduling and timekeeping of all Internal Agency staff.
- Attainment, credentialing verification, and tracking of all contract labor.
- Monthly reporting and Internal Agency use reports.
- Ensure weekly call log is distributed to facility CCO’s and Area Program Manager.
- Subject Matter Expert for electronic scheduling system and scheduling with use of best practices.
- Participate in Staffing Coordinator rotation for open FTEs.
- Track contract labor and act as liaison between area hospitals and Contracted Service Providers, ensure that contracted staff are included in facility schedules, as well as track contractor start/end dates and overall usage to ensure efficiency.
- Develops and maintains nursing department staffing records including cancellation list, float log, master schedule, attendance records.
- Identifies with the CCO or designee the number and level of personnel required to provide patient care, initiates changes in personnel and assignment as directed.
- Maintains the accuracy of the nursing payroll time sheets. Initiates changes and correction as necessary. Ensurese internal agency usage of time clock.
- Reviews schedule and daily staffing of facilities.
- Demonstrates competency and practice behavior in areas of staffing variances.
- Reports staffing problems and unusual situations to the CCO, Area Program Manager or designee and keeps her/him informed of situations requiring follow up or immediate attention.
- Reports any KISA employee absences, scheduling,tardy, behavior or performance issues to the Centralized Staffing Program Manager for corrective and possibly disciplinary action.
- Maintains and verifies copies of current licensure, CPR and ACLS (if applicable) for the nursing staff, as appropriate.
- Maintains Internal Agency employees’ file on annual skills competencies, annual hospital updates and other educational competencies as directed by the Area Staffing Program Manager.
- Participates in recruitment activities for nursing services as directed by the Area Staffing Program Manager.
- Coordinates with Human Resources in the hire process and orientation of new employees.
- Participates in hospital committees as needed.
- Schedules and participates in inservices as appropriate.
- Plans and organizes training for all staffing coordinators , and particpates in guidance and education programs.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years experience as Staffing Coordinator in acute care hospital preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.