RN, Lead Case Manager (fulltime)Westminster, California
Job ID: 380275
At Kindred, we believe our Nurses are the heart of our organization – from the extraordinary kindness and compassionate they show to the exceptional care they provide. As an RN here, you will engage our patients and their families, helping to ensure the best possible outcomes by reducing lengths of stay and unnecessary re-hospitalizations. Join us and see firsthand what it’s like to grow and advance in a truly collaborative environment where everyone is supported, empowered and inspired to be their best and do their best.
What do you need to be a successful Registered Nurse at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
Education is really all it takes to be a nurse. But passion and love for mankind – that’s what it takes to be a good nurse at Kindred.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
- Provide leadership for the case management team and oversee the hospital Case Management Department’s daily activities.
- Coordinates the integration of Social Services/Case Management functions into the patient care, discharge, and home care planning processes with other hospital departments, external service organizations, agencies, and health care facilities.
- Conducts concurrent medical record review using specific indicators and criteria as approved by Medical Staff, JCAHO, CMS, and other State agencies.
- Acts as a patient advocate, investigate, and report adverse occurrences, perform staff education related to resource utilization, discharge planning and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery.
Sign On Bonus up to $10k DOE
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical area preferred.
- Two years’ Case Management experience in a hospital setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, word-processing and spreadsheet software. Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of government and non -government payor practices, regulations, standards and reimbursement.
- Healthcare professional licensure required; that is, as Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker.
- Appropriate certification in Case Management preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.