Restorative Aide - Full Time - Westminster, CAWestminster, California
IT'S SIMPLE.You want to work in a healthcare setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients/residents you treat. You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare. Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
About the Opportunity:
We are currently recruiting for a Restorative Aide. You will work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care in a secure setting. Provides resident care support under the direction of a licensed therapist. Help mentally and/or physically impaired residents to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
- Responsible for carrying out individual restorative programs designed by the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathologist.
- Communicates observations of residents' condition, preventing residents' neglect, abuse and violations of rights and privacy, and promoting continuity of care through accurate and timely documentation and reporting.
- Sanitization of whirlpool, tubs and showers when used in restorative therapy, and assisting residents with ambulation and transfer as needed.
- Able to lift and carry equipment, supplies and materials up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Superior customer service and resident care skills.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate interest, enthusiasm, and experience working with older adults.
- A High School diploma or GED
- 6-12 months relevant experience strongly recommended in a rehab setting.
- CPR certification (when required).
- Willing to participate in on-the-job training after initial orientation.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure is preferred, but not required
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.