People Advocate Full Time (Employee Experience Coordinator)Westminster, California
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our employees answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? Our vision is to be the premier healthcare company in the world, which we will achieve through trusted, innovative, and compassionate partnerships. We have jobs available for approximately 23,900 employees in 34 states.
At Kindred Healthcare we provide care and support in the most appropriate care setting for those recovering from illness or injury. Whether a patient receives care in our hospitals or in one of our rehabilitation facilities, our purpose is to ensure they recover to the fullest extent possible.
As a People Advocate you will:
- Conducts daily rounds on employees to proactively resolve issues and to ensure their experience meets or exceeds expectations. Advises management and employees on questions or problems relating to human resources.
- Periodically conducts stay interviews with employees within the first six months of employment with Kindred Healthcare. Make recommendations for improvement based on employee feedback.
- Conducts staff exit interviews to determine trends and develop appropriate retention initiatives. Provides recommendations to Hospital leadership and Human Resources based on identifiable trends.
- Attends the staff huddles and department meetings and actively participates by bringing issues forward for resolution.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates quarterly Listening Sessions at assigned hospitals. Reports Listening Session feedback to Hospital leadership and Human Resources timely.
- Serves as Hospital champion for Employee Engagement Survey activities. Ensures department leaders complete action plans timely and continues action plans throughout the year.
- Act as a liaison to leadership and employees during conflict resolution and appropriately escalates issues to the District/Area Director, Human Resources as needed. May participate in the grievance resolution process. Conducts management training in identified HR areas of development.
- Serves as the Employee Safety Champion and partners with the facility Workers Comp Champion to reduce and mitigate work related injuries and illnesses. Leads interactive process meetings for employees with disabilities and/or limitations who may need reasonable accommodations.
- Actively participates in the Leave of Absence and attendance management process. Assists employees with new LOA requests and periodically follows up with employees on leave and when returning to work.
- Assists new employee assimilation into the organization. Helps employees navigate benefits enrollment and Kindred for Me, self-service, portal.
- May assist with administrative functions such as managing the Employee Newsletter, updating Hospital communications board(s), and scheduling regular Town Hall meetings.
As a People Advocate you will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- College degree in organizational development, human resources or other related field, preferred
- SHRM and/or HRCI certification, preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in customer service required
- 1 -2 years’ Human Resources experience, strongly preferred but not required
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.