Hospital Director Respiratory TherapyWestminster, California
Job ID: 378894
This rewarding career will have a big impact in the lives of your patients and patients family. You will build relationships and provide excellent patient care. You will increase the quality and the care of people’s lives everyday by teaching them how to breathe easier. At Kindred Hospitals, our Respiratory Therapists goal and passion is to help their patients regain independence and have a better quality of life by breathing without assistive devices. As a RT you will collaborate and grow in a positive and flexible team environment while administering safe and competent respiratory care.
What do you need to be a successful Respiratory Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
I must say that this is a very organized company that truly cares about their employees’ well-being.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our Director of Respiratory Therapy answers this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As the most acute level of care in Kindred's continuum, our transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our leadership play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Director of Respiratory Therapy you will:
In charge of respiratory care services such as
the administration of oxygen, therapeutic gas and mist inhalation in accordance
with physician's orders and the policies of the hospital. Ensures the proper
management of all therapeutic and diagnostics. Requires knowledge of
medications, treatments and their correct administration, based on age of
patients and their clinical condition. Supervises all departmental personnel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of respiratory therapy and cardiology studies and treat patient appropriately based on professional standards
- Able to assess patients, their needs and ability to tolerate treatment and make a reassessment based on their response to treatment
- Follow the five medication rights and reduce potential for medication errors
- Able to read prescriptions, measure and draw arterial blood gases, review patient information and determine requirements for treatment; operate devices and equipment to ensure specific parameters
- Schedule cardiopulmonary procedure for inside/outside sources. Maintain records
- Inspect and test respiratory therapy equipment to ensure it functions safely and efficiently; operate equipment safely and correctly
- Formulate a teaching plan based on learning needs of the patient, including the family in the plan; evaluate effectiveness of learning
- Communicate clearly and effectively with physicians, staff, Department Director, Director and administrative team; able to assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy
- Update department plans, goals and objectives and direct the development of department
- Prepare annual budget, necessary statistical data, reports, directories, memoranda and maintain record of treatments; be involved with related billing procedures.
Director of Respiratory Therapy, Director Respiratory Therapy, Director RT, RT Manager, Respiratory Director, Cardiopulmonary, D.R.T, RRT, RRT Director, RT Department Director, 92683
Education: Bachelors degree in Respiratory Therapy or Administration.
Licenses/Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Current state licensure. BCLS and ACLS certifications. ACLS instructor preferred. Must maintain currency of NBRC and BCLS/ACLS Certifications and State license.
Experience: Minimum five years of previous experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services. Minimum four years management experience in acute care hospital.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.