Area Director, Human ResourcesWestminster, California
We are recruiting for an Area Director, Human Resources to join our Human Resources Team.
Works closely with hospital and district leadership team. Provides oversight and consulting regarding Human Resources functions for multiple hospital facilities within in district including recruitment and selection, orientation and training, employee relations, policies and procedures, employment law, retention, compensation, HRIS/management reporting and benefits. May work on district wide projects with guidance from the Senior Director of District Director. Consults with and updates Senior/District Director of Human Resources regarding all Human Resources functions and activities. In collaboration with area management and/or the District Director of Human Resources, develops, communicates, facilitates/coordinates implementation and monitors new and/or enhanced HR programs, policies and procedures. Promotes proactive, positive employee relations practices and environments in all areas and understands and appropriately balances the roles of both employee and company advocate. Serves as key member of Kindred human resources team, providing valuable input and feedback and assuring implementation and maintenance of division and corporate HR initiatives. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as applicable regulations and standards.
Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
- Consults with all area management on a proactive basis to ensure positive employee relations practices and environments in all area facilities. Works with area management to help identify current and future staffing and recruitment needs for each area, including future business plan objectives. Collaborates with area management to assist with the development and implementation of effective recruitment plan.
- Provides oversight, guidance and direction, as requested, for all area Human Resources functions, including the activities of the Human Resources/Payroll/Benefits departments. Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives, systems and processes. Works with area Human Resources/Payroll/ Benefits staff to develop their skills and knowledge regarding the day-to-day application of all Human Resources policies, practices and processes, with particular focus on positive employee relations and customer service.
- Reviews turnover reports, orientation summaries and exit interview reports with area management, helping to identify and implement improvement opportunities. Conducts at least one Human Resources audit semi-annually at each area. Provides reporting and analysis to hospital and district leaders as needed.
- Works closely with Kindred Talent Acquisition Team to ensure compliance with regard to recruitment and selection process, including the following: interviews; employment verifications, background checks and drug screens to verify employment eligibility; extending employment offers to qualified candidates; ensuring that all newly-hired employees participate in a comprehensive and timely orientation program.
- Assures that content of area orientation program for all newly-hired employees is comprehensive and current. Assists area with needed program changes and enhancements. Participates in the development and assures implementation of standardized orientation components. Assists area management with the development and execution of action plans to address Human Resources-related areas identified for improvement.
- Formulates positive employee relations plan and monitoring for each area, in collaboration with area senior management and the Senior/District Directort of Human Resources. Provides interpretation and consulting regarding all Human Resources policies and procedures. Provides input into development and adoption of new/revised policies and procedures.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees to determine trends, develop appropriate retention initiatives, provide management reporting and recommend improvement plan, as needed.
- Consults with and advises managers on disciplinary and policy issues to ensure the fairness and consistency of all Human Resource actions. Conducts management training in Human Resources areas identified for development and improvement.
- Reviews area compensation program periodically; assures that areas participate in local and regional salary surveys, analyzes compensation practices, assists area management analyze market competitiveness and internal equity, advises management regarding
- Participates in the creation and/or revision of approved, standardized job descriptions, and assures that each area maintains up-to-date set of job descriptions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people including employees, physicians, board members, visitors, patients and families, outside consultants and district and division management.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Ability to work cooperatively as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Maintains a strong customer-service focus and commitment.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with all contacts.
- Excellent knowledge of all Human Resources functions and employment laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Ability to use computer software, analyze data and produce reports.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Five (5) years of Human Resources Management experience in a healthcare setting required; preferably with a multi-site employer
Depending on Candidate's qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.