Restorative Aide/CNA part time W P Bch., FLWest Palm Beach, Florida
Job ID: 373613
Kindred Certified Nursing Assistants are dedicated members of our support staff and an indispensable component of our health care team. Acting as care giver to high acuity patients in a long term acute care hospital setting, you will assist patients with daily activities such as grooming, bathing and feeding. You will also assist our RNs with their duties, including administering patient vitals. Join us in this caring role, and see what’s possible when respect, compassion and continual learning guide your day, every day.
What do you need to be a successful Certified Nursing Assistant at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
To see the changes and impact that you can make in somebody’s life is why I really love my job.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a healthcare setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients/residents you treat. You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare. Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
About the Opportunity:
We are currently recruiting for a Restorative Aide. You will work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care in a secure setting. Provides resident care support under the direction of a licensed therapist. Help mentally and/or physically impaired residents to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
- Responsible for carrying out individual restorative programs designed by the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathologist.
- Communicates observations of residents' condition, preventing residents' neglect, abuse and violations of rights and privacy, and promoting continuity of care through accurate and timely documentation and reporting.
- Sanitization of whirlpool, tubs and showers when used in restorative therapy, and assisting residents with ambulation and transfer as needed.
- Able to lift and carry equipment, supplies and materials up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Superior customer service and resident care skills.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate interest, enthusiasm, and experience working with older adults.
- A High School diploma or GED
- 6-12 months relevant experience strongly recommended in a rehab setting.
- CPR certification (when required).
- Willing to participate in on-the-job training after initial orientation.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure required
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.