Registered Dietician - Full-time - Webster, TXWebster, Texas
Job #: 405351
At Kindred, we believe our Nurses are the heart of our organization – from the extraordinary kindness and compassionate they show to the exceptional care they provide. As an RN here, you will engage our patients and their families, helping to ensure the best possible outcomes by reducing lengths of stay and unnecessary re-hospitalizations. Join us and see firsthand what it’s like to grow and advance in a truly collaborative environment where everyone is supported, empowered and inspired to be their best and do their best.
What do you need to be a successful Registered Nurse at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
Education is really all it takes to be a nurse. But passion and love for mankind – that’s what it takes to be a good nurse at Kindred.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
- Conduct and ensure clinical nutrition documentation for patients-- including assessment for new admissions as appropriate, reassessment, counseling, food/drug interactions, specialized nutrition support (enteral and parenteral), and discharge planning -- is in accordance with hospital policy and procedure, as well as state and federal regulations, is accurate, informative, and descriptive of the services provided, is within required timeframes, and reflects the patient's response to the plan of care.
- Participate with the interdisciplinary team in developing, implementing, and evaluating plans of care; attend meetings/conferences to discuss the clinical care of the patient; and communicate patient concerns and response to interventions to interdisciplinary team members and direct care staff.
- Interviewspatients, family members, legal representatives, significant others, and staff to obtain diet history, food preferences, and other pertinent information needed to develop and/or update an individualized plan of care, to protect and promote patients' rights, and accommodate individual needs and preferences.
- Involve the patient/family in planning objectives and goals for the patient.
- Conduct nutrition education individually and in classes to patients, families, staff, and community as appropriate.
- Conduct meal rounds to ensure that patients are receiving foods in the amount, type, consistency, and frequency required to maintain or improve nutritional status and per diet order.
- Ensure a dietary kardex or similar record (electronic or manual) of diet orders and food preferences is accurate and utilized in the Nutrition Services Department.
- Participate in the hospital's Performance Improvement Program, conducting, aggregating, trending, and acting on data for improvement as needed. Conducts quality assurance monitors such as test trays, patient satisfaction, and timeliness of clinical functions.
- Serve on various committees as required by company standards, regulations, and/or appointment by his/her manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or related field
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association
- Membership in the American Dietetic Association strongly preferred
- License or certification as mandated by the state in which employed
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred
- Experience in acute clinical care, nutrition support, and disease-specific nutrition preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.