Float Pool Respiratory Therapist - PRN - NightsWebster, Texas
Job #: 436838
This rewarding career will have a big impact in the lives of your patients and patients family. You will build relationships and provide excellent patient care. You will increase the quality and the care of people’s lives everyday by teaching them how to breathe easier. At Kindred Hospitals, our Respiratory Therapists goal and passion is to help their patients regain independence and have a better quality of life by breathing without assistive devices. As a RT you will collaborate and grow in a positive and flexible team environment while administering safe and competent respiratory care.
What do you need to be a successful Respiratory Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
I must say that this is a very organized company that truly cares about their employees’ well-being.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Are you ready to join our Respiratory Therapist (RT) Float Pool? Receive the benefit of travel-pay without having to travel more than 30 miles! You’ll enjoy the opportunity to work with different teammates across hospitals while benefitting from a shared culture, processes and protocols.
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day. What makes Kindred Hospitals a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our caregivers answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Job Summary: The Float Pool Respiratory Therapist (RT) has the responsibility and accountability of administering safe and competent respiratory care. RTs execute care as ordered per physicians, monitor mechanical ventilation, administer medications, patient assessment, understand ramifications of hemodynamic monitoring, and understand blood work results. Additionally, Float Pool Respiratory Therapists take on monitoring, teaching, and training at assigned locations across the specified hospital market.
This role will require travel to all Kindred Hospitals within a designated market, approximately a 30 mile radius. Reporting structure includes Administrative reporting to the Area Staffing Program Manager, and clinically to assigned location’s clinical leadership, supported by the Workforce Management Clinical Manager.
- Competent delivery of Respiratory Care procedures in all areas of the hospital as outlined in Kindred Respiratory Care policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation and charge capture of all Respiratory Care procedures. Develop, document and maintain respiratory care elements of the patient plan of care.
- Verify and initiate all physician orders for Respiratory Care.
- Demonstrate competency and working knowledge of all Respiratory Care instruments and equipment. Perform troubleshooting, problem resolution and proper disinfection/sterilization.
- Initiate, monitor and maintain oxygen/aerosol delivery devices and non-invasive and invasive mechanical ventilation devices.
- Perform effective airway management including oral/nasal airway placement, bag/mask ventilation, intubation and/or intubation assistance, emergent and scheduled tracheostomy tube changes. Demonstrate safe and appropriate suction techniques and use of artificial airways. Initiate and perform "CPR".
- Perform tracheostomy, endotracheal tube and oral care.
- Implement one way speaking valve trials per physician order.
- Assist physician with diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy procedures.
- Complete initial and ongoing decannulation risk assessments with appropriate interventions and documentation.
- Perform and document timely Spontaneous Breathing Trial assessments for weaning readiness. Initiate and advance mechanical ventilator weaning per protocol.
- Actively participate in the multidisciplinary early patient mobility program
- Perform pulse oximetry and carbon dioxide gas monitoring.
- Perform arterial blood gas (ABG) sampling and analysis.
- Perform and document ongoing ABG analyzer quality control and maintenance as required.
- Perform and document patient and family teaching/education.
- Provide and receive accurate and complete patient handoff reports.
- Participate in department/hospital in-services, meetings and patient care rounds.
- Notify immediate supervisor of changes in work load and patient acuity.
- Provide timely and accurate updates to healthcare team members and make recommendations for modification to patient therapy as clinically indicated.
- Assist in orientation and training of new employees/ students, and precept new employees during orientation.
- Respiratory Therapy education as required for attainment of credentialing by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Current Respiratory Therapy license from the appropriate state licensing body.
- Current Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) credential in compliance with the National Board for Respiratory Care Credential Maintenance Program (CMP).
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications
- 1 year experience preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.