Medical Records Clerk, per diem shiftsWayne, New Jersey
- Create "new" patient folder for each patient using patient's unique hospital number or name, according to established department protocol; maintain master patient index; assist physicians with record completion; contact physicians regarding incomplete charts
- Deliver and retrieve patient records (hard copy or microfilmed) to emergency room, admission office or medical/surgical nursing unit; complete out-guide or use electronic device to identify patient record (MRN), date and name of individual requesting record
- Organize and file loose reports or other medical record documents; copy all medical records as requested; ensure that appropriate consents, subpoena and other medical record forms are complete upon request for a copy of medical record; obtain authorization from administration
- Respond to requests for records from Federal, State or County courts, hospitals and physicians
- Assist nursing staff and physicians with death certificates
- Assemble condensed portions of inpatient medical records and maintain them over sixty days in medical record department
- Maintain correspondence log; perform routine clerical tasks
Requires a High School diploma or equivalent with 1 - 2 years of experience in the healthcare field preferred.
Must have knowledge of medical terminology and be able to type at least 30 wpm.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.