Staff Accountant - Rehab Hospital of WIWaukesha, Wisconsin
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin (RHOW) is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital that is dedicated to restoring lives. We are a result of the joint venture/partnership between ProHealth Care and Kindred Healthcare to meet the growing rehabilitation needs of the region.
RHOW specializes in treating patients with many diagnoses, including, but not limited to, stroke, brain injury, amputation, neurological and cardiac disorders. In 2016, RHOW has received Joint Commission Disease Specific Specialization in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation.
This position is responsible for the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, working with central billing office on collections, and account adjustments), supervision of accounts payable, special operating and financial reports, and month end closing duties.
- Works with Admissions Coordinator to review insurance coverage for new admissions.
- Reviews medical record, UDS record submission, and Meditech billing statement for consistency and accuracy.
- Follows up with insurance plans on patient eligibility issues.
- Works with patients on self pay and payment plans as necessary.
- Works with patients and families in gathering information to apply for Medical assistance and other financial benefit programs.
- Validates accounts payable entry process and verifies expense postings for accuracy.
- Prepares reports to monitor CMI and FIM scoring for trending changes.
- Completes various journal entries and assists in month-end closing process.
- Assists with monitoring accuracy of charge capture procedures for ancillary services as needed.
- Assists Controller with expense analysis, charge analysis, and cost report preparation as needed.
- Prepares Accounts Receivable and General Ledger adjustments related to contractual adjustments and bad debt.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient information while performing billing and accounts receivable functions.
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for quarterly WHA submissions.
- Weekly communication with insurance companies to resolve issues.
- Occasional communication with vendors, law firms and government agencies to resolve issues.
- May enter and review ancillary charges including equipment rental, pharmacy nursing/medical supplies daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting highly preferred
- Degree in Accounting related field required (Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or similar)
- Must be able to deal professionally with employees, managers, patients, physicians and visitors.
- Possesses a high degree of analytical ability and good professional judgment.
- Prior experience in healthcare highly preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.