Registered Nurse RN NightsWaukesha, Wisconsin
Job ID: 373296
At Kindred, we believe our Nurses are the heart of our organization – from the extraordinary kindness and compassionate they show to the exceptional care they provide. As an RN here, you will engage our patients and their families, helping to ensure the best possible outcomes by reducing lengths of stay and unnecessary re-hospitalizations. Join us and see firsthand what it’s like to grow and advance in a truly collaborative environment where everyone is supported, empowered and inspired to be their best and do their best.
What do you need to be a successful Registered Nurse at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
Education is really all it takes to be a nurse. But passion and love for mankind – that’s what it takes to be a good nurse at Kindred.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin (RHOW) is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital that is dedicated to restoring lives. We are a result of the joint venture/partnership between ProHealth Care and Kindred Healthcare to meet the growing rehabilitation needs of the region.
RHOW specializes in treating patients with many diagnoses, including, but not limited to, stroke, brain injury, amputation, neurological and cardiac disorders. In 2016, RHOW has received Joint Commission Disease Specific Specialization in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation.
This position requires working every other weekend and hours are 1830-0700.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- May provide input into the budgetary planning process and contributes to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the department and hospital.
- Communicates employee observations and suggestions related to opportunities for improvement and staff educational needs.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for personal and professional development.
- Maintains ethical practices and HIPAA requirements.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, and safety and infection control. Maintains medical staff rules/requirements, as well as regulatory body standards.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate FIM assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.