Plant Operations Worker Waukesha, Wisconsin
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin (RHOW) is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital that is dedicated to restoring lives. We are a result of the joint venture/partnership between ProHealth Care and Kindred Healthcare to meet the growing rehabilitation needs of the region.
RHOW specializes in treating patients with many diagnoses, including, but not limited to, stroke, brain injury, amputation, neurological and cardiac disorders. In 2016, RHOW has received Joint Commission Disease Specific Specialization in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation.
Assistsinassignedactivities of plantoperationfunctionswhich are necessaryinmaintaining the physical structures, HVAC,mechanical,electricalsystems,utilitysystemsand grounds of the hospital in an operative and safe workingcondition.Assistsinmaintaining performance improvementactivitieswithin the facility andparticipates in CQIactivities. Performs general maintenance and repairduties to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Physical Plant.Receivesdailydirection from the Director of PlantOperationsviaverbal or writtencommunications. May share on call with Director of Plant Operations.
- Reportsdailyto the Director of PlantOperations regarding the physical and structural conditions of hospital facilities and the status of workin progress.
- Participates in the applications of standards of qualityandproductivityfor the facility.Followspolicies,procedures and standards of work performance for maintenance and repair of equipment,buildingsandbuildingsystems.
- Assistsinadministering the maintenance program to ensure the uninterruptedoperation of the entirephysical plant.
- Worksclosely with other departmentsandadministration.Negotiatespriorities,plansworkschedules,completes job assignments,and requests orders ofneededmaterials,supplies and parts.
- Performs andcompletesmaintenancerepairwork,alterations,remodeling,minorconstruction,and checks outinstallation and servicing of mechanical andelectrical equipmentandbuildingsystems.
- Assistswithmaintaining stock levels of materialsand parts within budgetary constraints.
- Assistsinensuringcompliancewith state and federal requirementsin regards to the energy management program.
- Assistswithcoordination of all fire and safety measures throughout the hospital,including fire and safety inspections and procedures in conjunctionwith Safety andSecurityDepartmentswhen requested.
- Participates in performance improvementand information management activities.
- Otherduties as assigned.
- HighSchool diploma or the equivalent.
- Atleast2 years’ experiencewithmaintenance preferably in a hospital setting.
- Familiarity with Joint Commission and other regulatory policyand procedures highly preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively inEnglish,bothverballyand in writing.
- Basiccomputer knowledge.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.