Outpatient- Occupational Therapist -PRNWaukesha, Wisconsin
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin (RHOW) is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital that is dedicated to restoring lives. We are a result of the joint venture/partnership between ProHealth Care and Kindred Healthcare to meet the growing rehabilitation needs of the region.
RHOW specializes in treating patients with many diagnoses, including, but not limited to, stroke, brain injury, amputation, neurological and cardiac disorders. In 2016, RHOW has received Joint Commission Disease Specific Specialization in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation.
Job Summary: The Occupational Therapist provides occupational therapy evaluations, modalities and treatments as prescribed by a licensed physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
We are looking for individuals to join out outpatient clinic.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those patients being treated by Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants and Occupational Therapy Aides.
- May be assigned to orient staff and students and to assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of that individual.
- Assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate occupational therapy interventions; and works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional occupational therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if needed
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs reassessments, as per policy.
- Performs accurate and timely FIM scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain; and makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate.
- Performs appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of occupational therapy modalities.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Maintains department cleanliness and safety. Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administrative team.
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team conferences.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments. Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement in-services.
- Assists with orientation and in-service training for certified department staff members.Participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment training and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
Other duties as assigned.
- Current License to practice in WI as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.