Clinical Coordinator, Speech Language Pathology - HRSValley, Alabama
Position: Clinical Coordinator
Profession / Discipline: Speech Language Pathologist
Setting: Acute Rehab
City / State: Valley, AL
Join us because you have a love & passion for rehab, strong clinical skills, and excellent leadership abilities. We seek those who are able to motivate, encourage, and inspire! Those that improve goal-setting and assist in team-cohesion! Call today to learn more about this opportunity.
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the discipline's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The incumbent shall also be accountable for and contribute to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
The primary customers are patients and clients and the mission is to build long term relationships with client institutions.
- Coordinate the development of team members through structured activities.
- Assist the program director in providing team leadership.
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
- Promote adherence to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client hospital.
- Contribute to client relations and marketing activities.
- Monitor team members competency, licenses/certifications, and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
- Participate in pre-admission screening as requested.
- Conduct initial assessments.
- Develop individualized treatment plans.
- Provide age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Evaluate patient response to treatment.
- Document the course of patient care including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
- Provide patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
Interdisciplinary Team Area
- Coordinate treatment activity between disciplines and team members.
- Participate in team business meetings.
- Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of unit clinical/administrative functions.
Quality Management Area
- Participate in coordination of unit quality management and program evaluation activities.
- Collect quality review data.
- Participate in survey preparation activities.
- Interact with assigned program consultant.
- Participate in unit safety committee activities.
- Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
Qualifications: The incumbent shall be a graduate of a program in physical or occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychology, recreation therapy, or social work approved by a nationally recognized accreditation body, and shall hold an applicable and current license to practice. Experience in working with an adult and geriatric population is necessary; experience serving people with physical disabilities is desirable.
If you are a current Kindred employee Click Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.