Staff Accountant - HospitalTampa, Florida
Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Hospital
Tampa General Hospital and Kindred Healthcare (now LifePoint Health)are nearing completion of the freestanding 80-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the medical district of downtown Tampa. Announced as a joint venture in May 2020, our new facility will help meet the growing needs of Tampa Bay, the region and the state for rehabilitation recovery and care. It is expected to officially open in June2022.
The new rehabilitation hospital is located on Kennedy Boulevard between Oregon Avenue and Willow Avenue and brings downtown Tampa one step further in the development of a fully realized medical district that will attract the best scientists and physicians to the region and transform the area into a center for healthcare innovation. The rehabilitation hospital is projected to be approximately 80,000 square feet and cost $35 million. Kindred will manage the day-to-day operations of the new hospital, which is projected to employ more than 140 caregivers and staff. Tampa General Hospital will provide medical support services, such as imaging, lab and surgical procedures.
This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts payable and monitoring of operational efficiencies. Position may also complete payroll duties for the hospital.
- Ability to perform accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations, journal entries (e.g., accrued, recurring), payroll weekly reports, general ledger, financial analysis, account reconciliations, month end close.
- Maximize the collection of medical services payments and reimbursements from patients, insurance carriers, and other sources of payment. Proactively identify, communicate, and establish processes to mitigate any risks to the revenue cycle process.
- Utilize web based tools and other available resources to facilitate providing insurance companies with required information.
- Utilize multiple information systems to accurately select the correct patient account in order to appropriately review and verify patient billable charges.
- Participate in and assist with audits to capture lost charges and determine the accuracy of billing as necessary.
- Various projects and tasks as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business.
- Experience in working collaboratively across departments or organizations.
- Knowledge of the intermediate features of calendaring and e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, Internet browsers (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer preferred).
- Excellent performance in present and past positions.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.