Special Procedures Nurse, PICC Line, OR NurseTampa, Florida
$15K SIGN ON BONUS
At Kindred Healthcare It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Special Procedures Nurse
Summary: Responsible for the nursing care of patients receiving invasive procedures including interventional radiologic procedures. Assists Physician and closely monitors patients during invasive procedures. Assesses nursing needs and initiates appropriate interventions. Performs PICC and Midline insertions.
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessments of the patient undergoing an invasive procedure.
- Performs PICC and/or Midline insertion.
- Monitors and/or assists procedures that include but not limited to:
T-Tube Placements and Changes
Percutaneous Nephrostomy Tube Placement
Gastrostomy Tube Placements
Percutaneous Tracheostomy Placement
Suprapubic Catheter Placement
Central line Placement
Pleural Effusion Drain Placement
Abscess Drain Placements
CT Injections and Sedations
- Performs venipuncture
- Administer IV’s; IV medications, and draws blood gases
- Monitors and assesses patient's vital signs prior, during and post procedure.
- Preforms continuous monitoring of patients undergoing Moderate Sedation.
- Checks pedal, popliteal and femoral pulses and performing neuro checks as appropriate.
- Recognizes risks and complications related to radiologic procedures. Knowledge of emergency response, reactions to contrast, and cardiac/respiratory arrest.
- Prepares patient for procedure and ensures consent has been obtained.
- Ensures patient is prepped and positioned appropriately for procedure.
- Maintain Interventional Radiology suite by stocking supplies, monitoring for expiration dates, and ordering equipment as needed.
- Appropriately disinfects equipment between patients.
- Responsible for maintaining an action plan monitoring for Surgical services dashboards.
$34 hour - $45 hourQualifications
Education: Graduate of accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
Licenses/Certification: Current valid RN license in the state employed. BLS certification and ACLS Certification.
Experience: 12 months of Critical Care experience. PICC Competency, PACU and IR experience preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.