Registered Nurse Tampa, Florida
Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Hospital
Tampa General Hospital and Kindred Healthcare, LLC have broken ground on a freestanding 80-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the medical district of downtown Tampa. Announced as a joint venture in May 2020, our new facility will help meet the growing needs of Tampa Bay, the region and the state for rehabilitation recovery and care.
The new rehabilitation hospital is located on Kennedy Boulevard between Oregon Avenue and Willow Avenue and brings downtown Tampa one step further in the development of a fully realized medical district that will attract the best scientists and physicians to the region and transform the area into a center for healthcare innovation. The rehabilitation hospital is projected to be approximately 80,000 square feet and cost $35 million. Kindred will manage the day-to-day operations of the new hospital, which is projected to employ more than 140 caregivers and staff. Tampa General Hospital will provide medical support services, such as imaging, lab and surgical procedures. It is expected to officially open in Spring 2022.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As a Registered Nurse / RN you will:
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- BCLS certification.
- ACLS preferred.
- Minimum six months' Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.