Physical TherapistTampa, Florida
Job #: 443732
Our Physical Therapists love to learn, collaborate and grow as a team. But more than anything else, they love to see patients getting better. In this role, you will evaluate a patient's condition, then develop and execute a treatment plan to help regain movement, reduce pain and restore them to prior levels of function. Join us and add your talents to a positive, fun work environment that embraces individuality, celebrates teamwork, and puts kindness, respect, caring and compassion above all else.
What do you need to be a successful Physical Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
I love that I’m able to learn from other therapists with more experience and have them mentor me and guide me through, developing my skills.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Hospital
Tampa General Hospital and Kindred Healthcare (now LifePoint Health) have officially opened the doors on our freestanding 80-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the medical district of downtown Tampa. Announced as a joint venture in May 2020, our new facility will help meet the growing needs of Tampa Bay, the region and the state for rehabilitation recovery and care.
The new rehabilitation hospital is located on Kennedy Boulevard between Oregon Avenue and Willow Avenue and brings downtown Tampa one step further in the development of a fully realized medical district that will attract the best scientists and physicians to the region and transform the area into a center for healthcare innovation. The rehabilitation hospital is projected to be approximately 80,000 square feet and cost $35 million. Kindred will manage the day-to-day operations of the new hospital, which is projected to employ more than 140 caregivers and staff. Tampa General Hospital will provide medical support services, such as imaging, lab and surgical procedures.
The Physical Therapist (PT) assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients and provides physical therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those patients being treated by Physical Therapist Assistants and Therapy techs. May be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of that individual.
- Assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate physical therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional physical therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if needed.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Formulates and updates patient specific plan of care for physical therapy
- Reports patient progress and barriers to discharge in each patient team conference
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate. Performs appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge, competency and proficiency of physical therapy modalities.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, and administrative team.
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team conferences.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized, and to function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement in-services. Assists with orientation and in-service training for certified department staff members. Participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment training, and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state where the hospital is located.
- Inpatient rehab experience preferred
- Current BLS/CPR Card.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.