You will perform phlebotomy on all patients using established laboratory procedures. Process laboratory requisitions and specimens for in-house and reference laboratory tests. Perform record audits. You will be reporting to the Laboratory Manager.
- Collect timed specimens on schedule, being aware of the importance of timing in instances such as therapeutic drug levels, etc.; follow established guidelines for laboratory specimens
- Initial, date and record time blood was collected on all laboratory requisition forms and specimen tubes; properly complete laboratory accession record
- Follow all laboratory safety rules and report possible hazards to the Laboratory Supervisor
- Properly process incoming supplies
- Maintain phlebotomy area in a neat, clean manner, well-stocked with supplies; stock Nursing Units with laboratory supplies
- Keep blood drawing trays neat, clean, and available
- Perform other duties such as data collecting, filing, charging, aiding technologists, etc.
Requires a High School diploma with six months of relevant experience or completion of the CLA training program.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.