Pharmacy Technician - Part TimeTampa, Florida
Part Time Pharmacy Tech
Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Hospital
Tampa General Hospital and Kindred Rehabilitation Services has opened our BRAND NEWfreestanding 80-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the medical district of downtown Tampa. Announced as a joint venture in May 2020, our new facility will help meet the growing needs of Tampa Bay, the region and the state for rehabilitation recovery and care. It is expected to officially open in June2022.
The new rehabilitation hospital is located on Kennedy Boulevard between Oregon Avenue and Willow Avenue and brings downtown Tampa one step further in the development of a fully realized medical district that will attract the best scientists and physicians to the region and transform the area into a center for healthcare innovation. The rehabilitation hospital is projected to be approximately 80,000 square feet and cost $35 million. Kindred will manage the day-to-day operations of the new hospital, which is projected to employ more than 140 caregivers and staff. Tampa General Hospital will provide medical support services, such as imaging, lab and surgical procedures.
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacists by preparing medications, performing routine duties, delivering medications, and assisting with clerical functions.
- Prepares patient drug orders
- Delivers medications to medication rooms, and nursing stations as appropriate
- Reviews patient MAR of potential admissions and plans medications to be delivered to medication machines
- Restocks usable medications/IVs returned to the pharmacy
- Files medication orders
- Assists the pharmacist with audits
- Completes assigned unit inspections
- Restocks automated medication dispensing machines
- Communicates stock utilization and ordering needs, and assists with ordering inventory and supplies
- Checks medication expiration dates and alerts pharmacist when needed
- Compounds and labels extemporaneous liquid and solid products for patients according to procedure
- Answers telephone and processes requests according to procedures
- Properly unit doses medications that do not come prepackaged
- Assists pharmacist, nursing staff, or other staff as appropriate
- Prepares sterile and non-sterile compounds per USP standards
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Registered as a pharmacy technician with the State Board of Pharmacy as required by state regulations
- Pharmacy Technician Certification as required by state regulations
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.