Nutritional Services AideTampa, Florida
Nutritional Services Aide
Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Hospital
Tampa General Hospital and Kindred Healthcare (now LifePoint Health)are nearing completion of the freestanding 80-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the medical district of downtown Tampa. Announced as a joint venture in May 2020, our new facility will help meet the growing needs of Tampa Bay, the region and the state for rehabilitation recovery and care. It is expected to officially open in June2022.
The new rehabilitation hospital is located on Kennedy Boulevard between Oregon Avenue and Willow Avenue and brings downtown Tampa one step further in the development of a fully realized medical district that will attract the best scientists and physicians to the region and transform the area into a center for healthcare innovation. The rehabilitation hospital is projected to be approximately 80,000 square feet and cost $35 million. Kindred will manage the day-to-day operations of the new hospital, which is projected to employ more than 140 caregivers and staff. Tampa General Hospital will provide medical support services, such as imaging, lab and surgical procedures.
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritional Services Manager, the Nutritional Services Aide performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties. The Nutrition Services Aide is responsible for providing excellent customer service while taking patient menu requests and communicating dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in the preparation of meals for patients. Responsible for accurately identifying the patient to ensure they receive the proper diet and nutritional supplements. Follows diet manual guidelines, organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Effectively uses downtime to accomplish departmental tasks as assigned or recognized.
- Accurately prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets and prepares special diet foods as necessary. Verifies trays for accuracy.
- Prepares and delivers items, such as trays or snacks, as requested by patient care units or patients.
- Deliver/collect daily menus and assist patients with ordering
- Record meal intakes of patients
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner and puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Collect soiled trays and utensils from dining room tables and transport them to dish washing area.
- Wash dishes, clean equipment, wipe off dining room and worktables, clean utensils, pots and pans; mop floors in dietary as schedule and as necessary.
- Clean and maintain kitchen, storage areas and food preparation equipment. Wash, sanitize, and store trays, dishes and utensils
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment
- Use meal program to enter new patients and adjust diet orders as needed
- Set up serving line with cold foods, condiments, serving containers, dishes, silverware, etc. according to the menus and as instructed
- Stock and store food items Maintain a level of food and supplies adequate for the next meal and assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies
- Follow HAACP guidelines. (Temps, dating, etc…)
- Report hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and incidents, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior food service or customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and great interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.