Nursing Supervisor - PER DIEM DAYSTampa, Florida
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our Registered Nurses answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
As a Nursing Supervisor / RN you will:
- Oversee the hospital staff to ensure quality care and compliance with policies and mandated regulations.
- Provide professional guidance for nursing personnel, manage disciplinary issues, prepare administrative reports, review staffing and budgetary needs, and integrate Nursing Services functions with other hospital departments.
- The Nursing Supervisor will also participate in program development and training for nurse-recruitment activities and assist with continuing education programs.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates designated nursing staff; assigns duties and coordinates nursing services.
- Participates in developing nursing protocol and procedures.
- Provides continuing education and staff development opportunities for nursing staff.
- Assesses patient needs; participates in providing nursing care; ensures services are carried out and documented appropriately
- Maintains patient health care records.
- Maintains supply inventory records; order supplies and equipment, as necessary.
- Promotes adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.
As a Nursing Supervisor / RN you will have:
Appropriate degree from an accredited school of nursing.
Additional state requirements as applicable.
Valid Registered Nurse / RN license in the state.
BCLS and ACLS certification.
Two years of Registered Nurse / RN nursing experience in a hospital.
One to two years supervisory/leadership experience.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.