Director of Human Resources Tampa, Florida
Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Hospital
The new rehabilitation hospital is located on Kennedy Boulevard between Oregon Avenue and Willow Avenue and brings downtown Tampa one step further in the development of a fully realized medical district that will attract the best scientists and physicians to the region and transform the area into a center for healthcare innovation. The rehabilitation hospital is projected to be approximately 80,000 square feet and cost $35 million. Kindred will manage the day-to-day operations of the new hospital, which is projected to employ more than 140 caregivers and staff. Tampa General Hospital will provide medical support services, such as imaging, lab and surgical procedures. It is expected to officially open in February 2022.
With nearly 30 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
Responsible for all Human Resource functions within the hospital including recruiting, hiring, orienting and training employees. Also is responsible for benefits, safety, and worker’s compensation and oversees all payroll functions. Ensures that all Human Resource practices meet the guidelines and specifications of all state and federal laws. This is a hands on HR role with ownership of all facets of HR.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the facility's history, mission, services and organizational structure.
- Work closely with management team to reduce turnover, increase employee engagement and promote the Core Values.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple assignments, balance priorities, makes decisions quickly.
- Screens all applicants to ensure they meet Hospital hiring guidelines and ensures OFCCP compliance and fair hiring practices.
- Develops and evaluates recruiting resources and strategies including but not limited to, recruitment ads, attend job fairs and network with regional employment agencies and schools to recruit highly qualified candidates to fill open positions.
- Analyzes relevant market factors, including compensation packages, shift differential and sign on bonuses and along with Controller and CEO, ensures a fair and equitable merit process.
- Works with CEO, leadership team and corporate compensation teams to determine salaries, compensation issues and other human resources policies and procedures.
- Assists in orienting and training all new employees. Responsible for creating and maintaining employee personnel, education and medical files.
- Reports all workers compensation cases to insurance carrier and OSHA. Responsible for managing all aspects of workers compensation.
- Responsible for employee evaluation process. Assists managers in completing and presenting these evaluations to employees.
- Responds to all request for information from unemployment office and all other government agencies. Attends unemployment, workers compensation and EEO hearings when required.
- Oversees payroll functions and acts as backup to Payroll Coordinator.
- Responsible for Employee Relations. Works directly with Managers with all employee issues. Is responsible to ensure that Hospital policies and procedures are adhered to and promoting an open door environment.
- Responsible for Employee Benefits including presenting all benefits to employees at hire and during open enrollment. Working closely with corporate benefits department on issues and problems when needed.
- Acts as a liaison between Kindred Corporate and the rehabilitation hospital for all Human Resource issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or other related degree or nearing completion of the degree.
- Position requires a high level of proficiency normally acquired through five to seven years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Working knowledge of all state and federal laws related to the Human Resources Field.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.