Cook Part TimeTampa, Florida
Tampa General Hospital Rehabilitation Hospital
Tampa General Hospital and Kindred Healthcare (now LifePoint Health)are nearing completion of the freestanding 80-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the medical district of downtown Tampa. Announced as a joint venture in May 2020, our new facility will help meet the growing needs of Tampa Bay, the region and the state for rehabilitation recovery and care. It is expected to officially open in June2022.
The new rehabilitation hospital is located on Kennedy Boulevard between Oregon Avenue and Willow Avenue and brings downtown Tampa one step further in the development of a fully realized medical district that will attract the best scientists and physicians to the region and transform the area into a center for healthcare innovation. The rehabilitation hospital is projected to be approximately 80,000 square feet and cost $35 million. Kindred will manage the day-to-day operations of the new hospital, which is projected to employ more than 140 caregivers and staff. Tampa General Hospital will provide medical support services, such as imaging, lab and surgical procedures.
The cook prepares, seasons and cooks food for hospital patients, staff and visitors and also act as a lead in the department. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen and adhering to food safety requirements. This is a part time position.
- Ensures meals are ready at the specified times and tests foods being cooked to ensure proper seasoning etc.
- Consults with the Registered Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
- Supervises Nutritional Services workers when washing, trimming or preparing food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes, using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
- Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meat, fish and poultry in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner and adheres to all infection control policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior food service or customer service experience with cooking experience preferred.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.