Certified Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Technician PER DIEM Tampa, Florida
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
- Under the direct supervision of the Director of Pharmacy or Registered Pharmacist – and according to the standards procedures-dispenses additives for IV and irrigating solutions, mixes IV additive solutions as required using aseptic technique with the laminar air flow hood, types labels, prepares and files charge slips, and performs other related duties.
Reports to the Director of Pharmacy.
As a Certified Pharmacy Technician you will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure as required by state./ Current PTCB certification or equivalent certification/training program as required by state.
- Prefer 1 year of experience as a Certified Pharmacy Technician in a hospital pharmacy setting.
- Basic understanding of the role of and use of a computer in the processing of prescription orders with minimum word processing skills.
- Proven experience with maintaining positive relationships with coworkers and customers.