Staff Accountant - CHI Franciscan/Kindred HealthcareTacoma, Washington
CHI Franciscan Rehabilitation Hospital serves patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. The hospital is a joint venture partnership between CHI Franciscan Health and Kindred Healthcare.
We are seeking a full-time Staff Accountant who will oversee the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections and adjustments), accounts receivable, monitoring of operational efficiencies, and month end close duties. Essential job functions include:
- Reviewing ancillary gross charges, laboratory, radiology, equipment rental, pharmacy and supply charges daily
- Reviewing accounts receivables daily
- Maintaining charge master for new charges
- Reviewing medical records and Meditech billing statements for consistency and accuracy
- Working with patients on payment plans as needed
- Completing various journal entries and assisting in month end close duties
- Working collaboratively with the Controller, A/P-Payroll Coordinator and other members of the hospital's team
- Great team environment
- Competitive pay
- A robust employee benefits program that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, critical illness, accident and pet insurance
- $5K per year in tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) savings program with company matching contributions
- Generous paid time off
Bachelor's Degree in Business with Accounting degree highly preferred.
Experience in working collaboratively across departments or organizations.
Knowledge of the intermediate features of calendaring and e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, Internet browsers (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer preferred).
Excellent performance in present and past positions.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.