Admissions Coordinator - CHI Franciscan/Kindred Rehab Tacoma, Washington
CHI Franciscan Rehabilitation Hospital opened the doors of this new 60-bed hospital in May 2018 to serve patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. The hospital is a joint venture partnership between CHI Franciscan Health and Kindred Healthcare.
This position will work under the direction of the Director of Business Development and be responsible for patient admissions, insurance verification and other insurance verification duties as directed. This individual will be responsible for obtaining the necessary demographic information of the patient which may require interviewing patients or their representatives. This position is also responsible for preparing/processing admitting forms and keeps abreast of all new insurance updates and regulations. Direct supervisory for all admissions associates.
We offer competitive pay plus a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance Plan
- 401(K) savings plan with employer matching contributions
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave and 6 Paid Holidays per year
- High School Diploma required.Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Admitting and/or medical insurance preferred.
- Experience in handling patient admissions preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance and their benefits and admitting forms.
- Proficiency in recording admission reservations.
- Management experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Ability to deal tactfully with patients, hospital staff and the general public.
- Med-Surg hospitals and systems (for profit and non-profit) knowledge desired
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance to reflect proper image for the hospital and the board members, medical staff, community leaders and fellow employees.
- Must have good organizational skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information, and carry out duties independently.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.