Eastern Region Area Staffing Program Manager Kindred Healthcare Workforce ManagementSugar Land, Texas
Oversees the management, maintenance and coordination of the Remote Staffing Coordinators and Internal agency staffing program. Serves as leader for interviewing and hiring for all Internal Agency and Staffing Coordinators with the assistance of the Talent Acquisitions team, as well as communicates with Human Resources and Clincial Leadership regarding any coaching and/or disciplinary needs for the Remote Staffing and Internal Agency teams. Acts as a liaison between hospital administration and Remote Staffing team to determine the staffing needs of each facility, as well as assist with tracking of temporary contract labor for hospitals served and providing reports to Senior Leaders Promotes a positive team environment by providing guidance and support and encouraging superior performance.
- Oversees the Remote Staffing program including Staffing Coordinators and Internal Agency staff.
- Reviews the daily assignment distribution of internal agency personnel toensure that assignments are accurate based on skill sets required and communicated in a timely manner.
- Promotes consistency in best practices and protocols across an onsite/virtual team.
- Reports staffing problems and unusual situations to CCO and designee and keeps her/him informed of situations requiring follow up or immediate attention.
- Provides leadership in difficult staffing solutions, including dealing with understaffing, solving disputes, counseling employees and administering disciplinary procedures in conjunction with the designated Human Resources representative.
- Oversees the accuracy of the Internal Agency and Staffing Coordinators payroll time sheets and initiates changes and correction as necessary.
- Assures correct usage of online staffing tools to assure consistency, reduce overtime, contract labor, and maintain master schedules.
- Assures all premium shift pay is in accordance to established practice.
- Maintains and verifies copies of current licensure, CPR and ACLS (if applicable) for the Internal Agency staff, annual skills competencies, annual hospital updates and other educational competencies as required.
- Completes and maintains 90 day and annual evaluations for all Staffing Coordinators, inclusive of ensuring merit increases are addressed.
- Provides leadership to minimize use of contract agency staff and provides regular financial updates for area served.
- Promotes a positive team environment, providing guidance and support that encourages superior performance and high satisfaction.
- Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Identifies staff vacancies and assists with recruiting, interviews and on boarding.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 20% or less
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of team management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of employee relations or human resources management experience preferred.
- Healthcare and/or staffing experience preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.