Unit Secretary, Unit Clerk (Per Diem)St. Petersburg, Florida
- Prepare admission charts/records; assemble charts for new admissions with appropriate forms; label chart with correct patient/physician information and label patient rooms with patient information and physician's name
- Complete the admission documentation; assist physicians with charts; ascertain the expectations of the patient and family regarding the hospital stay
- Confer with the charge nurse on scheduling patient tests and activities
- Adhere to isolation precautions and OSHA blood-borne guidelines, using personal protective equipment as required
- Answer telephone and call lights, take messages and communicate promptly to the appropriate person
- Make hourly rounds to each patient’s room to assess any unmet needs
- Process patient discharge orders, notifying the nurse of the orders; copy information on chart to be sent to discharge facility; complete discharge paperwork and assist the family with the discharge process
- Under the direction of the nurse manager, order, receive and store supplies and equipment
Requires two years of recent hospital experience.
Current certification as a nursing assistant preferred.