Chief Executive Officer St. Petersburg, Florida
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our employees answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? Our vision is to be the premier healthcare company in the world, which we will achieve through trusted, innovative, and compassionate partnerships. We have jobs available for approximately 38,000 employees in 45 states.
At Kindred Healthcare we provide care and support in the most appropriate care setting for those recovering from illness or injury. Whether a patient receives care in our hospitals or in one of our rehabilitation facilities, our purpose is to ensure they recover to the fullest extent possible
As a Chief Executive Officer you will:
- Responsible for the strategic planning, managing, directing, coordinating and controlling the overall operations of a hospital.
- Provides leadership to ensure attainment of strategic objectives and the delivery of quality, economical health care services and other related lines of business.
- Initiates and enforces organization-wide policies and procedures that support the accomplishment of the hospital(s)’ aims, objectives and programs.
- Directs the short-range and long-range planning functions that develop goals, objectives and strategic plans to ensure quality services and a financially sound organization.
- Develops and manages the budget for the hospital(s), allocates funds within the budget and ensures that the hospital(s) operate within the budget.
As a Chief Executive Officer you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, or clinical specialty.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Five years’ senior-level experience in healthcare administration/management, preferably in a hospital setting, with experience in facility operations management, human resources management and/or finance.
- Two years’ experience at Chief Executive Officer level preferred. Multi-site healthcare management experience preferred.
- Graduate level education may substitute on a year-to-year basis for the required experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.