Unit Coordinator - Behavioral HealthSpringfield, Massachusetts
LifePoint Health is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Unit Coordinator tojoin the team at the adolescent behavioral health unit located within Baystate Health. We specialize in behavioral health services to children and teens up to 17 years of age. We offer a compassionate and multi-disciplinary treatment team led by Board-certified child psychiatrist and includes licensed therapists, recreational therapists and nursing.
As a Unit Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Performs clerical functions for the nursing unit within the unit secretary's sphere of responsibility.
- Answers the telephone, take messages and communicates messages to the appropriate person in a timely manner. Responds to routine inquires knowledgeably and/or refers them to appropriate person, assists staff as requested, ensures identified problems are communicated accurately and promptly. Screen calls for clinical team and facilitate communication of information requested.
- Functions as a greeter for the arrival of new patients/families to the unit/department. Assists other departments with information and/or answers to questions.
- Answers call lights and communicates messages to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Under direction of a nurse, schedules patient tests, procedures and activities.
- Prepares admission charts/records. Assemble charts for new admissions with all appropriate forms. Labels chart with correct patient and physician information.
- Processes patient orders as appropriate.
- Processes patient discharge orders. Make copy of medical record for accepting facility as required by policy.
- Disassembles patient chart and sends chart to medical records after patient discharge.
- Inventories, maintains, and when appropriate charges supplies. Initiates requistions and requests accurately and in a timely fashion. Stores supplies within 24 hours of receipt in designated area.
- Place calls to replace unplanned staffing vacancies. Communicates staffing and scheduleing to DON, Nurse Manager or designate.
- Assist physicians as needed.
- Prepares and keeps current census sheets.
- Other duties as assigned
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Promotes adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.
- Adheres to and promotes Equal Employment Opportunity and the facility's Affirmative Action Plan. Serves as the facility's Equal Employment Coordinator for Affirmative Action.
Qualifications - External
As a Unit Coordinator you will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Previous clerical and customer services experience preferably in a healthcare setting
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.