Materials Management Clerk - IRFSpringfield, Missouri
- Part-time position Saturday and Sunday and occasional fill-ins
- Identifies inventory needs for all departments in hospital. Orders both medical and office supplies as needed.
- Stocks and labels all charged medical and office supplies.
- Maintains and organizes all medical and office storage locations.
- Revises information in the computer system as needed.
- Communicates with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure inventory levels are sufficient. Will also keep the CFO informed of any special inventory needs.
- Coordinates purchase orders and packing slips to ensure items have been ordered and received properly.
- Provides professional, accurate, and timely service in all material management functions and as directed by patients/families, physicians or other hospital representatives.
- Informs the Business Office Manager and Chief Financial Officer when a new inventory item is requested.
- Maintains a log of rental equipment and daily usage. Ensures that rental equipment is returned on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates ongoing competency skills including age-specific competencies, above level problem solving skills, and decision making abilities.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing preferred.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with patients, physicians, visitors, and the general public.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.