Dietary AideSpringfield, Missouri
The Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between Mercy and Kindred Healthcare. The hospital provides inpatient rehabilitation services for patients recovering from strokes, brain or spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions. The greatest feature of the rehabilitation hospital is our dedicated team of clinicians. These rehab professionals provide the exceptional patient care for which Mercy is known, with an emphasis on improving individual functional ability and quality of life. Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Springfield is accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) as well as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for inpatient rehabilitation.
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritional Services Manager, the Nutritional Services Aide performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties. The Nutrition Services Aide is responsible for providing excellent customer service while taking patient menu requests and communicating dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in the preparation of meals for patients. Responsible for accurately identifying the patient to ensure they receive the proper diet and nutritional supplements. Follows diet manual guidelines, organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Effectively uses downtime to accomplish departmental tasks as assigned or recognized.
- Accurately prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets and prepares special diet foods as necessary. Verifies trays for accuracy.
- Prepares and delivers items, such as trays or snacks, as requested by patient care units or patients.
- Deliver/collect daily menus and assist patients with ordering
- Record meal intakes of patients
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner and puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Collect soiled trays and utensils from dining room tables and transport them to dish washing area.
- Wash dishes, clean equipment, wipe off dining room and worktables, clean utensils, pots and pans; mop floors in dietary as schedule and as necessary.
- Clean and maintain kitchen, storage areas and food preparation equipment. Wash, sanitize, and store trays, dishes and utensils
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment
- Use meal program to enter new patients and adjust diet orders as needed
- Set up serving line with cold foods, condiments, serving containers, dishes, silverware, etc. according to the menus and as instructed
- Stock and store food items Maintain a level of food and supplies adequate for the next meal and assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies
- Follow HAACP guidelines. (Temps, dating, etc…)
- Report hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and incidents, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized.
- Appropriate telephone communication skills.
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good general health and stress coping ability. Position requires long periods of standing. Normal walking, , sitting, bending, carrying of items such as trays, boxes and dishes, food items and misc. other kitchen equipment. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior food service or customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and great interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.