- Assists in determining the types and quantities of meats, vegetables and soups to be prepared.
- Ensures meals are ready at the specified times.
- Consults with the Manager Nutrition Services regarding the use of left-overs.
- Participates in consultations with the Registered Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
- Supervises Nutritional Services workers when washing, trimming or preparing food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes, using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
- Prepares sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meat, fish and fowl in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming. Tests foods being cooked to ensure proper cooking temperature has been met.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner.
- Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures. Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in food service/preparation is required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.