IRF-PAI Coordinator - Sioux City, IASioux City, Iowa
Kindred Healthcare is seeking an IRF-PAI Coordinator for the inpatient acute rehabilitation unit at MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center in Sioux City, IA!
· Investigates co-morbidities that would allow for a tier change.
· Responsible for staff education to improve FIM score accuracy.
· Review current facility nursing documentation and evaluate and eliminate repetition.
· Oversees/completes and assures the accuracy and the completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) prior to electronic transmission.
· Serves as an information source and educator to IRF-PAI users.
· Collaborates with physicians and interdisciplinary team members to make the most accurate assessment of the needs and strengths of patients.
· Maintain a current knowledge of the PAI software and provides expertise on this software within the inpatient rehab setting.
· Provides ongoing education to the staff of the hospital to assure accurate and timely completion of the PAI.
· Maintain updated and ongoing knowledge of the regulations concerning the PAI and its completion within the inpatient rehab setting.
· Clearly identifies target reference dates for the completion of the PAI for all patients which will correctly reflect the functional status and care needs of the patient to result in the correct Case Mix Group (CMG) assignments.
· Coordinates the completion of the admission assessment of the PAI by the fourth (4th) day of the patient’s stays and the fifth (5th) day following discharge for each inpatient rehabilitation patient. May require discussions/interactions with various staff members concerning differences in reported functional status to complete the PAI. Submitting completed IRF PAI to HIM Department for coding transmittal.
· Assures that the PAI reflects the functional status and 24-hour care needs of the patient.
· Compares actual knowledge of the care provided to the patient and the information contained on the PAI. Makes all changes to the PAI to correctly reflect a three-day summary of the functional status and 24-hour care needs of the patient.
· Periodically audits PAI, clinical documentation and billing information to assure accuracy and consistency of documentation.
· Assists the CQPI in identifying and monitoring trends in patient care as identified through the PAI.
· Works closely and collaboratively with all members of the clinical team to assure compliance at all levels.
· Demonstrates effective critical thinking skills.
· Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors and staff.
· Utilizes appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing and educating coworkers and staff.
· Promotes participation, cooperation and teamwork. Demonstrates problem solving in resolving issues. Demonstrates clear and effective communication skills.
·Graduate of an accredited RN, PT, OT or SLP program with current licensure in the state.
·Current Basic Life Support/CPR card.
·Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the care of patients in an acute hospital or rehabilitation setting preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.