Clinical LiaisonSioux City, Iowa
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center in Sioux City, IA
Acute Rehab Unit
If you love healthcare but would like to try something new this may be the opportunity for you!
- Reviews patient medical charts and understands pharmaceuticals, test results, therapy evaluations, pre-existing conditions, and has a general medical knowledge of the patient.
- Interacts clearly and professionally with patients and families, while gathering additional clinical information and past history.
- Conducts thorough patient assessments to identify patients for potential admission into the system.
- Completes detailed Pre-Admission Screens, according to facility policies and procedures, policies and procedures, and payer requirements.
- Targets area research including analysis of like programs and alternative levels of care.
- Provides patient updates to physicians, payers, case managers, social workers and other relevant persons.
- Develops educational and community relations plans in consultation with Program Director, Medical Director, and Nurse Manager.
- Maintains effective communication with patients, families, healthcare providers, employers, clients and team members.
- Participates in team meetings along with Medical Director, Program Director, Nurse Manager, Therapy Coordinator, and others, as applicable.
- Functions as a resource for and provides team members with in-service/cross-training on acute rehabilitation criteria, diagnostic case mix management, coding, etc., as applicable.
- Participates in Clinical Program Development as identified through market demand.
- Educates specific specialized physicians on quality, programs, accreditations, and regulations on inpatient acute rehabilitation.
- College degree required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clinical Licensure required. (RN/ OT/ PT/ SLP)
- Two years of former marketing/sales experience.
- 2+ years demonstrated full life cycle sales experience from lead generation, educating the client, persistent follow up and follow through on all leads, issues and success stories.
- Strong preference given to candidates who have previously operating in the sales function of a medical device, institutional pharmaceutical or healthcare setting company.
- Consideration will be given to those with prior Durable Medical Equipment and / or Home Health and /or Hospice.
- Previously demonstrated experience working in a clinical setting where they were directly involved with patient diagnosis and/or assessing acuity for complex patients/residents.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.