Clinical Coordinator - Sioux City, IA Sioux City, Iowa
Kindred Healthcare is seeking a full-time Clinical Coordinator for MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center in Sioux City, IA!
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the discipline's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The incumbent shall also be accountable for and contribute to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
PROFESSIONAL/LEADERSHIP AREA PROFESSIONAL/LEADERSHIP AREA USE FOR EVAL CUSTOMER/MISSION: The primary customers are patients and clients and the mission is to build long term relationships with client institutions.
1. Coordinate the development of team members through structured activities.
1. a. Orientations are planned and conducted in conjunction with department supervisors.
b. Assists program director in identifying educational needs of team and implements corresponding inservice sessions.
c. Attends/presents at unit inservice sessions as scheduled.
d. Attends external professional growth activities as scheduled and communicates information to the team.
e. Encourages and assists with the development of student programs.
2. Assist the program director in providing team leadership.
2. a. Maintains open lines of communication between the team and the program director.
b. Assists program director with recruitment and interviewing process.
CC - ARU Job Description Page 2
c. Assists program director in team members supervision and provides input into team member evaluations as requested.
3. Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
3. a. Adheres to applicable dress code.
b. Adjusts personal schedule to meet needs of unit when requested.
c. Protects patient confidentiality at all times and facilitates effective communication with all patients.
d. Communicates professionally with various publics as evidenced by customer/client satisfaction.
4. Promote adherence to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client hospital and RehabCare Group.
4. a. Is familiar with and acts as a resource for team members regarding the contents of applicable professional code, company SOP/ handbook, unit P&P and hospital policies.
5. Contribute to client relations and marketing activities.
5. a. Assists the program director in establishing contact with discharge planners, physicians, and other referral sources.
b. Establishes a positive relationship with facility personnel including administration, nursing, and therapy team members.
6. Monitor team members competency, licenses/certifications, and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
6. a. The competency/skills assessment is satisfactorily completed annually by all team members and incumbent.
b. Applicable licenses/certifications and memberships are current for all clinical team members.
c. Incumbent license/certification and memberships are current.
CLINICAL AREA CLINICAL AREA USE FOR EVAL CUSTOMER/MISSION: The primary customers are patients and the mission is to provide the highest quality of rehabilitation services.
1. Participate in pre-admission screening as requested.
1. a. Pre-admission screening is completed according to policy and procedure.
2. Conduct initial assessments.
2. a. Chooses the appropriate assessment tools, adaptive equipment and material/props used in the assessment based on the age and developmental level of the patient.
CC - ARU Job Description Page 3
b. Patient assessment is completed and in the medical record within 48 hours after admission. Data is recorded in the appropriate areas.
3. Develop individualized treatment plans.
3. a. Short and long term goals are written objectively and are measurable.
b. Time frame for goal achievement is documented.
c. Interventions are selected based on assessment results and are appropriate for age, cognitive abilities and/or developmental level of the patient.
d. Interventions are selected and applied to support the interdisciplinary rehabilitation plan as evidenced by goal achievement.
e. Consults with physician regarding referrals for other services as needed.
4. Provide age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
4. a. Therapeutic interventions result in positive outcomes as judged by program evaluation and patient satisfaction.
b. Demonstrates understanding of contraindications and precautions with the application of modalities based on patient age and associated potential risk factors.
c. Uses positive feedback to promote patient participation in their rehabilitation program. Communicates with patients in terms that are understandable based on individual age and understanding abilities.
d. Community based therapeutic activities are provided to facilitate skill generalization.
e. Formalized and goal directed educational/ training activities are provided at an appropriate level of understanding per the patients age and cognitive abilities.
f. Other members of the team are consulted to coordinate therapeutic activities.
5. Evaluate patient response to treatment.
5. a. Patient response to the treatment plan is evaluated as evidenced by patient achievement of goals and/or goal revision, the treatment plan is updated as needed.
b. Information is provided to patient/family regarding current status, program planning and discharge plans throughout the rehabilitation program.
CC - ARU Job Description Page 4
6. Document the course of patient care including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
6. a. Interventions and effects are documented daily according to policy and procedure.
b. Weekly progress notes are completed according to policy and procedure.
c. Discharge summaries are completed according to policy and procedure.
7. Provide patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
7. a. Integrates family members into the treatment, educational and discharge planning process to ensure continued care needs are met.
b. Effectiveness of education measured by peer input, family verbal feedback and patient satisfaction surveys.
c. Favorable attitudes and motivation toward the rehabilitation process are evidenced by positive patient satisfaction surveys.
d. Educational methods are adapted to meet patient and family education needs.
INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM AREA INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM AREA USE FOR EVAL CUSTOMER/MISSION: The primary customers are team members and the mission is to provide the highest quality of rehabilitation services.
1. Coordinate treatment activity between disciplines and team members.
1. a. Facilitates clinical staffing and encourages team members to provide/seek input to/from others on patient progress and planning.
b. Solicits input from team members on issues relating to patient care, team development, and program development.
c. Maximizes team productivity through effective scheduling of team members/treatment in conjunction with department supervisory team members.
d. Takes immediate action through appropriate channels to correct adverse situations involving team members.
e. Uses and updates unit communication methods in a timely manner.
2. Participate in team business meetings.
2. a. Attends team business meetings and offers ideas/solutions in problem solving situations/activities regarding the program.
3. Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of unit clinical/administrative functions.
3. a. Works with program director to develop, institute, revise and promote plans for effectively achieving unit goals.
CC - ARU Job Description Page 5
b. Facilitates the implementation of system improvements, and new program components. c. Offers to assist other team members and demonstrates flexibility in carrying out shared team functions including special projects. QUALITY MANAGEMENT AREA QUALITY MANAGEMENT AREA USE FOR EVAL CUSTOMER/MISSION: The primary customers are patients and clients and the mission is to provide the highest quality of rehabilitation services
1. Participate in coordination of unit quality management and program evaluation activities.
1. a. Attends/lead scheduled unit quality management meetings as assigned.
b. Assist team members in interpretation of reports/data to improve quality of care delivered.
2. Collect quality review data.
2. a. Submits data as requested.
3. Participate in survey preparation activities.
3. a. Demonstrates knowledge of criteria/ accreditation standards (JCAHO, CARF, HCFA, etc.) and assists with survey preparation as assigned.
4. Interact with assigned program consultant.
4. a. Participates as requested in program consultant site visits and follows through on requested tasks.
b. Works with the program consultant to effectively implement program components identified in company P&P
5. Participate in unit safety committee activities.
5. a. Attends meetings and completes assigned duties as requested.
b. Promotes compliance with safety standards and reduction of potential hazards.
6. Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
6. a. Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
CC - ARU Job Description Page 6
FACILITY SPECIFIC AREA FACILITY SPECIFIC AREA USE FOR EVAL CUSTOMER/MISSION:
6. Carry out other duties as assigned.
6. a. Duties completed as assigned and instructed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (fill in as appropriate from specific discipline job description)
1. Ability to communicate.
I have reviewed this job description and have been given a copy of it.
Incumbent Team Member Signature Printed Name DateQualifications
The incumbent shall be a graduate of a program in physical or occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychology, recreation therapy, or social work approved by a nationally recognized accreditation body, and shall hold an applicable and current license to practice. Experience in working with an adult and geriatric population is necessary; experience serving people with physical disabilities is desirable
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.