Director of Education RN Full Time $15,000 Sign On BonusSeattle, Washington
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Director of Education plans, coordinates and teaches continuing education and in-service education for the hospital, including General Orientation. Develops monthly education calendar. Conducts Support Center compliance agreement training and other needed staff education. Develops short-term and long-term educational goals based on identified needs through Quality Council and annual assessments. Collaborates with managers and peers to evaluate staff competency.
- Develops short-term and long-term educational goals based on identified needs through Quality Council, Annual Assessments, etc.
- Develops specific orientation modules for new IP, new RN and new LVN.
- Forecasts and administers education operating budget.
- Oversees planning and coordination of continuing and in-service education for the hospital.
- Oversees development, planning and coordination of general hospital orientation. Coordinates with various department heads to include their specialty area.
- Oversees development, planning and coordination of periodic in-service training on those issues identified by the Hospital Quality Council or a designated Performance Improvement Team.
- Serves as member of Hospital Quality Council.
- Promotes adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.
- Ensures that the hospital's employees receive compliance training and all education necessary to perform their job responsibilities, as required by the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required, master’s degree or clinical specialty preferred.
- Appropriate state licensure for registered nurse.
- BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- Minimum two years’ experience as clinical preceptor or management experience required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an acute care Medical/Surgical and/or ICU/CCU setting.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.