Director Case Management Seattle, WA (15k Sign On Bonus)Seattle, Washington –
Job #: 430294
Acting as a patient advocate, you will coordinate management of care, providing ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Whereas most companies only focus on one aspect of clinical care, our Case Managers are full cycle, working on the entire spectrum: from care planning to discharge planning. Join us and experience your best self and work growing and advancing in a highly caring, collaborative and fun environment.
What do you need to be a successful Case Manager at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
Kindred is a great company where you can continue to grow throughout the entire time you're here. You can even start as a CNA and work your way all the way up into management.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits & Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Case Management Director directs the Case Management and Utilization Management activities in a Kindred hospital. Oversees the faciltation of care coordination of the patient and family through the management of quality clinical service delivery. Partners with external customers, referral sources and payors, to ensure the facilitation and coordination of the discharge planning process and serves as the patient and family advocate. Accountable for the facilities Denial Management Program. Ensures that case management services comply with the Conditions of Participation, Collaborates closely with the hospital CEO/Administrator, COO, CFO, CCO and Regional Office.
- Oversees coordination of patient care to facilitate development, monitoring and refinement of treatment plan to achieve identified patient goals and outcomes. Assumes responsibility for ongoing, effective operations for Case Management. Supervises employees involved in concurrent and retrospective utilization review activities and the identification of discharge planning needs.
- Communicates effectively with nursing and other ancillary departments to ensure proper utilization and documentation.
- Provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance with CM program. Ensures regular, complete and timely reporting of case management performance outcomes. Assures that the clinical programs are responsive to the needs of payors, patients and families.
- Represents and promotes Kindred Healthcare to the provider community and to local educational institutions when appropriate.
- Ensures the development of standards and case management practices are integrated and are consistent with current research, professional standards and regulatory requirements affecting patient care.
- Assures that the clinical programs are responsive to the needs of payors, patients and families. Designs, implements and monitors process to assure optimal utilization of resources and reimbursement.
- Participates as a management team member in the Utilization Management Committee Presents reports to Utilization Management Committee, Quality Council, Medical Executive Committee and Governing Board as required.
- Identifies opportunities to achieve average length of stay targets based on available comparative data and benchmarks. Aggregates and analyzes hospital utilization services statistics and recommends corrective action, if required.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are operating in compliance with CMS, State and JCAHO regulations and standards and with Kindred policies, including documentation and record requirements. Actively participates in surveys and audits.
- Graduate of an accredited program required.
- RN or BSN preferred; OR Masters in Social Work with licensure as required by state regulations; OR Bachelors in Social Work with licensure as required by state regulations
- Healthcare professional licensure required as Registered Nurse, OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) OR Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
- Appropriate certification in Case Management preferred.
Minimum three years experience in Hospital Case Management.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.