Unit Secretary Full Time DaysSanta Ana, California
- Prepare admission charts/records; assemble charts for new admissions with appropriate forms; label chart with correct patient/physician information and label patient rooms with patient information and physician's name
- Complete the admission documentation; assist physicians with charts; ascertain the expectations of the patient and family regarding the hospital stay
- Confer with the charge nurse on scheduling patient tests and activities
- Adhere to isolation precautions and OSHA blood-borne guidelines, using personal protective equipment as required
- Answer telephone and call lights, take messages and communicate promptly to the appropriate person
- Make hourly rounds to each patient’s room to assess any unmet needs
- Process patient discharge orders, notifying the nurse of the orders; copy information on chart to be sent to discharge facility; complete discharge paperwork and assist the family with the discharge process
- Under the direction of the nurse manager, order, receive and store supplies and equipment
Requires two years of recent hospital experience.
Current certification as a nursing assistant preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.