Radiology Technologist FTSan Leandro, California
- Receives, relays and documents verbal, facsimile, electronic and/or telephone orders in the patient's chart as permitted by State and Institutional policies
- Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific X-rays. (Adjusts equipment; determines proper voltage, current and desired exposure time; arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain position of patient; adjusts lead shield; and selects proper film).
- Determines technique for ionizing radiation during radiologic exams.
- Prepares barium preparation and other chemical mixtures for X-rays.
- Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient's condition.
- Develops film in accordance with photographic techniques.
- Cleans and disinfects X-ray room and equipment.
- Prepares patient for X-ray: explains procedures, transfers patient to table, positions patient and assists patient at end of procedures.
- Completion of ARRT accredited program
- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration. Current CPR certification. State certifications/licensure as required by the state in which employed
- One year experience in diagnostic imaging