Hospital Chief Clinical OfficerSan Leandro, California
Job #: 393569
At Kindred Hospitals, our Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) will create a team environment which fosters clinical and professional growth, and establishes the foundation for a highly reliable structure for quality patient care. The CCO has total responsibility for clinical operations and care delivery within their hospital. The CCO will have strong leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while ensuring the hospital maintains high clinical care and regulatory standards. Join us as a Chief Clinical Officer and collaborate with clinicians and department leaders as well as regional and corporate leadership to promote optimal clinical outcomes and cultural excellence.
What do you need to be a successful Chief Clinical Officer at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
One of the most rewarding aspects about working at Kindred is being part of a team of truly dedicated healthcare professionals who always strive to go above and beyond. We truly are fortunate to have some of the most amazing people working here and caring for our patients.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Chief Clinical Officer you will:
- Directs and coordinates functions and activities of nursing department and assigned clinical operation departments.
- Consults with and advises Chief Executive Officer on the general operation of the hospital. Develops nursing and clinical department’s goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures.
- Organizes nursing and clinical departments according to administrative and nursing service guidelines; ensures compliance with legal, organizational, and medical staff standards.
- Has authority and responsibility for establishing, directing, and implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice and the clinical operations and financial matters related to all nursing and clinical care areas and functions.
As a Chief Clinical Officer you will have:
- Bachelor's in nursing preferred, Healthcare administration or business administration. Master’s degree in nursing, Healthcare administration, or business administration preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Registered Nurse in the state.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years’ experience at a senior nursing management level.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment.
- Graduate level education may substitute on a year-to-year basis for the required experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.