Director Human Resources- San Leandro HospitalSan Leandro, California
Responsible for overseeing all human resources issues within a Hospital Division facility. These responsibilities include but are not limited to overseeing all employee related issues, employee culture enhancement and ensuring the employee experience is executed within the CORE values of Kindred. In addition, dotted line responsibilities include recruiting effectiveness, benefit execution and salary administration within the facility market. Directs the Human Resources Department, is a resource person for the department and is viewed as a strategic business partner for the facility. Develops and recommends human resources practices and procedures that assist in the growth of the facility. This position ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the facility's history, mission, services and organizational structure.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple assignments, balance priorities, makes decisions quickly.
- Where appropriate, participates in the screening and hiring of key position to ensure they meet Hospital hiring guidelines.
- Spearhead the on-boarding process within the designated facility
- In concert with Compensation, analyzes relevant market factors, including compensation packages, shift differential and sign on bonuses.
- Works with CEO and leadership team to determine salaries, compensation issues and other human resources policies and procedures.
- May assist in orienting and training all new employees.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders in developing, implementing, reviewing, revising and monitoring hospital wide education activities.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of workers compensation for the hospital and work proactively with corporate partners and external carrier to manage claims.
- Responsible for employee evaluations. May assists managers in the proper execution of quality and timely evaluations to employees.
- Work with our corporate partners on all request for information from unemployment office and all other government agencies.
- Manage and enhance the employee experience through “stay” and “exit” interviews.
- Work with facility leadership on employee engagement initiatives and overall employee retention strategies.
- Responsible for the full cycle of all employee relations Works directly with Managers with all employee issues. Is responsible to ensure that Hospital policies and procedures are adhered to and are consistently applied.
- Develops and maintains a list of job descriptions for the facility.
- Supervise staff as directed by CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Resources or other related degree.
- Position requires a high level of proficiency in HR policies and practices normally acquired through
Three to seven years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Working knowledge of all state and federal laws related to the Human Resources Field.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Healthcare-related human resources experience preferred
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of light items such as books and papers and computer related work. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.