Radiology Technologist - per diem weekendsSan Diego, California
- Receives, relays and documents verbal, facsimile, electronic and/or telephone orders in the patient's chart as permitted by State and Institutional policies
- Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific X-rays. (Adjusts equipment; determines proper voltage, current and desired exposure time; arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain position of patient; adjusts lead shield; and selects proper film).
- Determines technique for ionizing radiation during radiologic exams.
- Prepares barium preparation and other chemical mixtures for X-rays.
- Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports unusual occurrences and records patient's condition.
- Develops film in accordance with photographic techniques.
- Cleans and disinfects X-ray room and equipment.
- Prepares patient for X-ray: explains procedures, transfers patient to table, positions patient and assists patient at end of procedures.
- Completion of ARRT accredited program
- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registration. Current CPR certification. State certifications/licensure as required by the state in which employed
- One year experience in diagnostic imaging
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.