Hospital Business Development Full TimeSan Diego, California
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our employees answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? Our vision is to be the premier healthcare company in the world, which we will achieve through trusted, innovative, and compassionate partnerships. We have jobs available for approximately 38,000 employees in 45 states.
At Kindred Healthcare we provide care and support in the most appropriate care setting for those recovering from illness or injury. Whether a patient receives care in our hospitals or in one of our rehabilitation facilities, our purpose is to ensure they recover to the fullest extent possible.
As a Clinical Liaison you will:
- Conducts patient assessments to identify patients for potential admission into the system.
- Responsible for managing the referrals and admissions that are generated through their assigned hospitals and territories by representing the hospital with professionalism to referral sources.
- Designs and manages the marketing strategies for their assigned hospitals.
- Conduct one on one contacts with potential referral sources, maintain positive relationships with current referral sources.
- Utilizing educational opportunities to present the hospital to referral sources.
- Identifies, contacts and manages potential clients.
- Sources potential, appropriate patients for hospital.
- Coordinates transmission of clinical and benefit treatment to patients, families and outside agencies.
- Acts as liaison for outside agencies, non-plan facilities, and outside providers. Performs 80% or more of work outside the hospital.
- Associate's degree required.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, healthcare administration, nursing, or other related field strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Clinical license preferred; Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN), Respiratory Therapist (RT)
- Minimum two (2) years of former healthcare sales experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive healthcare sales work experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor's degree.
- Formal sales training preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.