Materials Management CoordinatorSacramento, California
UC Davis Health Rehabilitation Hospital is joint venture beween Lifepoint Rehabilitation Services, an experienced post-acute care provider, and UC Davis Health. With 58,000 square feet of space, the hospital will have 52 patient beds. The new facility will provide acute adult inpatient care and is the first free-standing physical rehabilitation hospital in Sacramento.
LIfepoint operates 30+ similar rehabilitation hospitals around the nation – many of them award-winning and recognized for their high quality of care. The new UC Davis hospital is expected to open for its first patients in 2023. Clinical services will include physical and occupational therapies and speech pathology services. Therapists, physicians and nurses will help patients regain physical function and mobility, and the independent capabilities to do everyday activities and work. Officials also expect the UC Davis Rehabilitation Hospital to become a location that offers new, currently unavailable, treatments to patients, as well as research opportunities for new treatments led by physician-researchers from the UC Davis School of Medicine.
The hospital is located at the corner of Broadway and 49th Street in Sacramento. It will cost $60 million to build. Lifepoint will develop the project, which is expected to create up to 200 new health care jobs, as well as hundreds of prevailing wage construction jobs. It will enable rehabilitation care for twice as many patients as currently can be treated for conditions resulting from stroke, brain trauma and spinal cord injuries at UC Davis Medical Center.
This individual is responsible for ordering, receiving and stocking supplies. Issues and tracks purchase orders on a daily basis, identifies trends that affect the input of this information as well as the hospital’s operation.
- Identifies inventory needs for all departments in hospital. Orders both medical and office supplies as needed. Also, returns all unused or misordered supplies to vendor in a timely fashion.
- Informs Leadership when recalled medical supplies are issued and remove recalled supplies from clean supply rooms.
- Stocks and labels all charged medical and office supplies.
- Maintains and organizes all medical supply and office storage locations.
- Revises information in computer system(s) as needed.
- Communicates with Leadership to ensure inventory levels are sufficient. Will also keep Leadership informed of any special inventory needs.
- Coordinates purchase orders and packing slips for timely and accurate payment processing.
- Provides professional, accurate and timely service in all material management functions.
- Informs the Controller when a new inventory item is requested and informs the Plant Operations Manager when new hazardous materials are purchased.
- Maintains a log of rental equipment and daily usage. Ensures that rental equipment is returned on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates ongoing competency skills including population-specific competencies, above level problem solving skills and decision making abilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing preferred.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with co-workers, physicans and patients.
- Good Communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.