Director of TherapySacramento, California
UC Davis Rehabilitation Hospital – Sacramento, CA
Kindred Rehabilitation Services, an experienced post-acute care provider, to operate the new inpatient rehabilitation facility as the Joint Venture Partner to UC Davis Health at UC Davis Health Rehabilitation Hospital. With 58,000 square feet of space, the hospital will have 52 patient beds. The new facility will provide acute adult inpatient care and is the first free-standing physical rehabilitation hospital in Sacramento.
Kindred operates 31 similar rehabilitation hospitals around the nation – many of them award-winning and recognized for their high quality of care. The new UC Davis hospital is expected to open for its first patients in 2023. Clinical services will include physical and occupational therapies and speech pathology services. Therapists, physicians and nurses will help patients regain physical function and mobility, and the independent capabilities to do everyday activities and work. Officials also expect the UC Davis Rehabilitation Hospital to become a location that offers new, currently unavailable, treatments to patients, as well as research opportunities for new treatments led by physician-researchers from the UC Davis School of Medicine.
The hospital is located at the corner of Broadway and 49th Street in Sacramento. It will cost $60 million to build. Kindred will develop the project, which is expected to create up to 200 new health care jobs, as well as hundreds of prevailing wage construction jobs. It will enable rehabilitation care for twice as many patients as currently can be treated for conditions resulting from stroke, brain trauma and spinal cord injuries at UC Davis Medical Center.
Responsible for the direction and oversight of Therapy Services for the hospital. Coordinates and supervises operations of the department. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in continuous quality improvement hospital wide. Ensures competency of all personnel. Assists in formulating budgets, evaluates department performance versus budget and takes appropriate action to remain within budget guidelines. Develops and implements system of reviewing department charges, ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Manages the Therapy Services Department staff. Supports and empowers staff to embrace the mission and value statements of the organization.
- Observes and evaluates program effectiveness and recommends changes to interdisciplinary leadership team and Medical Staff as needed.
- Develops direct reports to excel in supervision and support of staff in the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary model.
- Works under the guidance of the CEO and in collaboration with the Medical Staff and hospital leadership to lead the organization in the development of clinical programs which may include Brain Injury, Stroke, Amputee or other clinical programs. This includes a strong focus on CARF certification.
- Evaluates department performance versus budgets and benchmarks and takes appropriate action to work within budgets and benchmarks for staffing, outcomes, employee satisfaction, patient engagement and other key metrics.
- Is a key member of the Administrative Team and serves as a leader and/or member in hospital committees.
- Collaborates with Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Manager, physicians and interdisciplinary teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current state licensure as a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Minimum of three years of previous therapy management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate and direct activities of clinical personnel.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred.
- CPR Certified
- Proficiency in basic computer skills required.
- Proficiency of rehabilitation skills in discipline specific area of PT, OT or ST with the ability to treat patients and mentor staff as needed
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.