Administrative Assistant Sacramento, California
UC Davis Rehabilitation Hospital – Sacramento, CA
Lifepoint Rehabilitation Services, an experienced post-acute care provider, to operate the new inpatient rehabilitation facility as the Joint Venture Partner to UC Davis Health at UC Davis Health Rehabilitation Hospital. With 58,000 square feet of space, the hospital will have 52 patient beds. The new facility will provide acute adult inpatient care and is the first free-standing physical rehabilitation hospital in Sacramento.
Kindred operates 31+ similar rehabilitation hospitals around the nation – many of them award-winning and recognized for their high quality of care. The new UC Davis hospital is expected to open for its first patients in 2023. Clinical services will include physical and occupational therapies and speech pathology services. Therapists, physicians and nurses will help patients regain physical function and mobility, and the independent capabilities to do everyday activities and work. Officials also expect the UC Davis Rehabilitation Hospital to become a location that offers new, currently unavailable, treatments to patients, as well as research opportunities for new treatments led by physician-researchers from the UC Davis School of Medicine.
The hospital is located at the corner of Broadway and 49th Street in Sacramento. It will cost $60 million to build. Kindred will develop the project, which is expected to create up to 200 new health care jobs, as well as hundreds of prevailing wage construction jobs. It will enable rehabilitation care for twice as many patients as currently can be treated for conditions resulting from stroke, brain trauma and spinal cord injuries at UC Davis Medical Center.
Provides administrative support to the CEO and Administrative team (as needed) for general office duties. Responsible for credentialing and physician files.
- Manages routine operations and special projects for the hospital as assigned.
- Handles all correspondence for the leadership team
- Assists CEO in all assigned administrative duties.
- Provides clerical support and completes special projects for the Medical Director, Committee Chairs and Medical Staff.
- Maintains and secures files for Medical Staff Credentials.
- Has lead responsibility for acquisitions of all information required in the process of credentialing an applicant physician as needed.
- Makes sure a physician’s credential file is complete prior to presentation to the Credentials Committee or Medical Staff Executive Committee as needed
- Maintains confidentiality and confidential information.
- Records, transcribes, and types memos and/or minutes relevant to meetings and committees.
- Keeps calendar and schedules meetings as assigned.
- Types and distributes any necessary letters, memos, and statistical reports.
- Coordinates the flow of information
- Answers the telephone, screens calls, and refers to individuals appropriately
- Maintains and promotes positive image of the facility.
- HS Diploma/GED required; College level education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare setting preferred
- Must have experience in handling confidential information.
- Extensive knowledge of office administrative duties.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Ability to deal tactfully with, patients, hospital staff and the general public.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.