Fitness Coordinator - Part Time - Potomac Falls - VAPotomac Falls, Virginia
The incumbent shall be responsible for developing and providing structured health and fitness programming consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The incumbent shall develop relationships with the retirement community's residents and staff to promote participation in regular physical activity. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and program flexibility.
1. Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
2. Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for residents, families, clients, coworkers and others.
3. Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client and RehabCare Group.
4. Contribute to client relations and marketing activities.
5. Maintain licenses/certifications and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
6. Design and lead age appropriate exercise classes.
7. Complete functional fitness screens and assist in designing fitness programs for residents.
8. Supervise the fitness room during scheduled hours.
9. Participate in activity and event planning between fitness, wellness and activity personnel.
10. Participate in new resident orientations to market and orient new residents programs and offerings.
11. Facilitate health and fitness promotional activities.
12. Participate on the resident wellness committee.
13. Participate in team business meetings.
14. Function as a resource for and provide team members with inservice/cross-training health and fitness functions.
15. Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of program clinical/administrative functions.
16. Participate in program quality management activities.
17. Collect quality review data.
18. Interact with assigned program consultant.
19. Participate in program safety activities.
20. Contribute to the delivery of cost effective programming.
The incumbent shall, at a minimum, be qualified to work as a personal trainer, fitness instructor, exercise physiologist, athletic trainer or therapist/assistant. Education/experience in working with adult population is necessary.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.